It may be necessary to remove particals from a moving web for the following reasons:
- Remove particles that can damage material during winding or stacking
- Remove particles prior to printing, coating or laminating
- Remove particles for quality assurance for food or medical grade products
- Remove particles after cutting , punching or slitting
Simco provides a range of products for surface cleaning. Selection of the most suited systems depends on a number of factors:
- Width of the material
- Speed of the material
- Is contact by brushes allowed
- Level of cleanliness desired
- Quantity of particles
- Web tension
- Space restrictions in the machine
Surface cleaning systems CleanION
CleanION web cleaning systems have been designed to neutralise static charges and, at the same time, to remove particles, even at higher velocities! Each CleanION system is designed to meet specific production requirements. A variety of vacuum hood configurations and dustcollectors are available to ensure maximum cleaning and static neutralisation for each application.
For all web widths there are vacuum hoods for non-contact cleaning or contact (brush) cleaning. Vacuum hood configurations are adapted to their individual need. Three basis principles are used:
- High vacuum /low volume full contact cleaning
- Medium vacuum/medium volume contact cleaning with air assist
- High vacuum/high volume non contact cleaning with balanced air assist
A vacuum hood is constructed with a special shaped suction slot. Prior to the suction slot the substrate will be neutralised by an anti-static bar. This removes the adhesion force caused by the static electricity and creates an ideal basis for the cleaning. Contact systems use a soft brush to loosen particles from the substrate prior to cleaning. Contact cleaning with air assist and non contact cleaning systems use an air nozzle to blow against the movement of the substrate to force particles into the suction slot. Non contact cleaners use a closed-loop blower system for the vacuum and blowing air. The web is guided through the double sided cleaning heads that provide excellent web guidance.
Dustcollectors are available for each specific system ensuring maximum cleaning effi ciency. All dustcollectors are equipped with durable three phase 400V motors.
Please contact SIMCO or a SIMCO representative for a detailed advice tailored to your specific situation. CleanION cleaning systems are very versatile and can be used for many applications and processes.